Rusty has five vehicles, located across Leicester.
We have a range of practical vehicles from small cars for short trips around town to larger vehicles which can carry more people and luggage. All vehicles use unleaded petrol – Rusty does not purchase diesel vehicles to minimise urban air pollution. We typically average around 3 members per vehicle, so a good mix of requirements, plus co‑ordination, avoids most difficulties and conflicts of needs.
Our current vehicles are:
- Renault Clio – small (three-door) four/five-seater hatchback
- Toyota Corolla – automatic small car
- Ford Focus – medium five-seater
- Ford Galaxy – a seven-seater, with a spacious interior, great for trips with many people or for lots of luggage
- Toyota Yaris – small (three-door) with plenty of storage space for a small car
Vehicles are based in different locations across the city to match up with the needs of our current membership. Each vehicle is based with a member of the car pool – the ‘Keeper’ of the vehicle. Current approximate locations are shown in the map below (last updated January 2018 – click on map for further details).
Note: vehicles may have moved since this map was created. Don’t despair if a vehicle isn’t kept near where you live – we often move where vehicles are kept to best fit with the needs of our membership.